Outline of Fees and ServicesAs a pregnancy and birth doula I provide emotional and physical support, information, and resources.
I cannot perform clinical exams or prescribe medications.
Some of the many things we will cover in our prenatal meetings:
- Your vision of an ideal childbirth
- A birth plan
- How I can best support you and your partner
- Your hopes and fears about pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting
- The stages of labor
- Natural comfort measures including massage techniques, aromatherapy, breathing tips, and visualization
- Birth positions
- Pros and cons of medical interventions
- Postpartum care
Postpartum meetings are very flexible. I can help around the house, cook a meal, run some errands, or simply be there to talk to you. I can hold the baby while you squeeze in a shower, or you and your partner take a short walk. I will provide feedback on breastfeeding and baby wearing. I encourage discussion about your birth experience.
Basic Birth Doula Service: $750
- Two prenatal visits
- Unlimited phone and email communication
- On call 24/7 two weeks prior to your due date until baby arrives
- Attendance during labor, delivery, and one to two hours postpartum
- One postpartum visit
- In addition, I am happy to take photos during labor, delivery, and immediately postpartum when you are holding your beloved baby for the first time.
Additional postpartum support at $25 an hour, as needed.
Prenatal A La Carte
If you would like to have an educational session or two, but are not interested in having a doula present at your birth, I charge $100 per session. Session One focuses on what to expect at the hospital, interventions and alternatives, and comfort measures. Session Two focuses on the stages of labor, birth positions, and massage techniques. I can combine sessions, or schedule one or both sessions individually.
I am willing to discuss a sliding scale rate or alternate pay schedule for those in need. I strongly believe all women should benefit from having the support of a doula, regardless of income.